- Regular member of International Federation of Asian and Western Pacific Contractors’ Associations (IFAWPCA) since October 19, 1993. IFAWPCA is an association formed in the year 1956 by Contractors’ Associations of various countries in Asia and the Western Pacific Region with its Secretariat in Manila, Philippines. IFAWPCA is a founder member of Confederation of International Contractors’ Associations (CICA), a global body of contractors, comprising of The Associated General Contractors Associations of America (AGC), The Canadian Construction Associations (CCA), European Construction Industry Federation (FIEC), Federacion Interamericana De La Industria De La Construction (FIIC), Federation of Arab Contractors (FAC) etc. Today, IFAWPCA has 16 members namely Australia, Bangladesh, Republic of China (Taiwan), Guam, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
30TH IFAWPCA CONVENTION HOSTED BY FCAN (5-6th December, 1999)
Federation of Contractors’ Associations of Nepal (FCAN) is a regular member of IFAWPCA since 1993. In such a short span of time, Nepal has already hosted the 23rd Mid-term Board Meeting in March 10-12, 1999 and holds the 30th IFAWPCA Convention from 5-9 December 1999 with grand success inaugurated by Late His Majesty the King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev. Altogether 500 foreign and local delegates attended this convention. The main objectives for taking the responsibility to hold such type of huge convention by Federation of Contractors’ Associations of Nepal (FCAN) was as follows:
- To establish mutual ties between the International and Local Contractors.
- Exchange of views among International and Local Contractors regarding the modern technical know-how and experiences relating to the construction sector so as to the improvement of Nepalese Construction Industry.
- To attract the foreign investments in different Infrastructure & Hydro-Power in construction projects of Nepal.
- To create opportunities of joint ventures for local contractors with foreign contractors.
- To help in the promotion of tourism industry in Nepal.
- b) Founder Member of SAARC Chamber of Commerce & Industry – Construction Industry Council (SCCI-CIC) since March 16, 1998.
SCCI-CIC is formed by all the SAARC countries with the main goal of being closer contact of regional fellowship and cooperation in the countries of the South Asian Region regarding construction.
NATIONAL AFFILIATION OF FCAN
- National Development Council, chaired by Prime Minister.
- Construction Business Development Council (CBDC), chaired by the Minister for Ministry of Physical Planning & Works.
- Construction Business Development Implementation Committee (CBDIC) of Ministry of Physical Planning & Works.
- Market Monitoring Board, District Administrative Office, Kathmandu.
- Nepal Council of Arbitration (NEPCA)
- Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FNCCI)
- International Chambers of Commerce (ICC)
- National Business Initiatives (NBI)
- Nepal Chamber of Commerce
- Nepal Bureau of Standard.
- Construction Industry Training Center (CITC)
- Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training.(CTEVT)